Monday, March 1, 2010

Old Coupon Inserts

Depending upon how you organize your coupons this info. may or may not help you! I keep every single coupon insert that I get from the newspaper and I file them in hanging files in my file box. I only clip the coupons I know I'll use or think I might use and those coupons go in my binder. The system works for me and keeps me from being totally overwhelmed. But I also end up keeping coupon inserts FOREVER! So today I finally went through them (I had some from March 2009) and I looked at every coupon in every single insert and YOU CAN THROW OUT ALL INSERTS FROM BEFORE 10/04/09!! ALL THE COUPONS ARE EXPIRED! There are a few coupons (for Listerine) that are still good in the RP 10/04/09 and there are unexpired coupons in all the inserts after that for at least one item! Hope that helps you to get organized a bit or am I the only one who keeps inserts that long?!!

1 comment:

Millicent said...

awesome! I was looking through mine yesterday and trying to figure out how far back to throw them out!!
THANKS!!