Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weis General Mills Cereal Deal

Weis is currently running a Catalina deal where if you buy a certain amount of General Mills, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes, Totion's Pizza, Nature Valley Nut Clusters, etc....you can get $5.00 off your next transaction or you can get $10 off your next transaction.
I usually like to spend about $1.00 on a box of cereal. Many times you can get cereal for FREE or for less than a $1.00 but I don't stress myself out trying to do that. I just try to get it for around a $1.00. I'm going to explain the transaction that I did. I got all of my coupons from a Shrek coupon booklet that I found at the service desk at Martins in Waynesboro. All of my coupons were for $1.00/2 boxes of cereal. You need (6) of these coupons.
You can also get:
Print (2) Coupons for $1.00/2 Big G cereals HERE
Print (2) coupons for $1.00/2 General Mills cereal HERE internet explorer
Print (2) coupons for $1.00/2 General Mills cereal HERE Firefox
$1.00/3 Select General Mills cereal in the 3/28/10 SS insert

I bought:
(2) Trix
(2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch
(2) Honey Nut Cheerios
(2) Coco Puffs
(2) Cookie Crisp
(2) Boo Berry
All of these cereals were on sale 2/$4
Total: $24.00
I needed my total to equal $25.00, so I bought (2) yoplait yogurts
Total: $25.00
-(6) $1.00/2 coupons = $19.00
Pay $19.00 OOP for (12) boxes of cereal and (2) yogurts
Get back $5.00 coupon to use on your next transaction.
Final Total:
$14.00
for (12) boxes of cereal and (2) yogurts
--
This deal gets better if you buy $35.00 worth of cereal because then you'll get back $10.00 OYNO. But you have to have (9) coupons. Then you could forget the yogurt, get $36.00 worth of cereal which would be 18 boxes. Use (9) -$1.00/2 coupons. Pay $27.00 OOP get a $10.00 catalina OYNO. Basically you'll pay $17.00 for 18 boxes of cereal. That's less than $1.00 a box.
--
Leave me a comment if you have a question. The key is having the right coupons. I had some Cheerios coupons from a home mailer that I was able to use to sweeten the deal a little bit! So look and see what you have that might work!
--
P.S. You're going to think I'm crazy....but if you do this deal at the Weis in Longmeadow, Hagerstown. Go to register #8. For some reason (I have no idea why) the computer gave me a $10.00 catalina when it should have given me a $5.00 catalina OYNO. Needless to say I got a crazy awesome deal. I got all excited to do the deal again and I went to a different register then next time I checked out and it only gave me a $5.00 catalina, which is what it should have given me. But I'm just saying....if register #8 is open...I'd head to that register.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you crack me up. I love the ending!
~Diana

Tanja said...

You definitely received the correct $10 oyno catalina. You only needed to buy $35 WORTH of products listed, meaning the PRE-sale regular price. For example, Honey Nut Cheerios is normally $3.39 in my store, and as you mentioned is on sale for $2. In order to get the $10 catalina, you need to buy 11 boxes ($3.39x11=$37.29), instead of the 18 that you are thinking.. And yes, catalinas always calculate based on regular price.