Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Price Points!

The #1 question Millicent and I get asked all the time is: "What is a good price for _________??"
And that's a hard question to answer sometimes based on what the specific product is. For example; a good price for cheap paper towels is FREE (I never pay for paper towels :)  A good price for thicker name brand paper towels is less than $0.50 per roll. And of course, that's just my opinion. Toilet paper is the same way. We're not picky in my house, so much to my husbands great dismay we go for the FREE 1 ply toilet paper most of the time (I'm just not allowed to put it in the guest bathroom. Heaven forbid we let our guest use the cheap stuff)!

Here's a list of some other price points (Definition of price point: the price at which I will stock up on that item) that I usually follow. Remember this is just what works for me, you may have different a different price point that you follow.

Boneless Skinless Chicken: $1.69 lb
Laundry Detergent: $1.99 a bottle
Name Brand Cereal: Less than $1.00 per box
Pasta: FREE
Boxed snacks (granola bars, cereal bars, packaged crackers, etc): $1.00 per box
Liquid Coffee Creamer: $0.50
Fresh Fruit: $0.99lb
Frozen Waffles/pancakes: $1.00 per box
Frozen Pizza: $3.00 ea.
Gallon of Milk: $3.00 (Milk prices are influenced by state gov't, so I save about a $1.00 per gallon by buying it in Maryland vs. Pennsylvania)
Frozen Microwave Dinners (Like Stouffers or Smart Ones): $1.00
Bottled Apple Juice: $1.25 per bottle
Peanut Butter/ Jelly: About $1.00 per jar
Spaghetti sauce: $0.50 per jar
12 packs of Name Brand Canned Soda: $2.50 per 12 pack
Diapers: Less than $5.00 per pack for Huggies or Pampers
Name Brand Shampoo/Conditioner: $0.99
Panty Liners: FREE
Toothpaste: FREE
Mouthwash: FREE
Toothbrushes: FREE
Dental Floss: FREE
Gum/Mints/Candy: FREE

So what else do you want to know about??? Keep in mind that I'm not great with meat prices, so don't ask about that!

No comments: